Monday, August 17, 2015

What is this "Blog" you speak of?

Not long ago I got a text message from my cousin, and lifelong friend, Alicia with a link to a website. I wasn't sure where I was going to be brought, but I clicked away. To my surprise, this is what popped up...


Naturally, my initial thought was "oh dear lord...why would that picture ever exist" I took a second to get past the shock (you know, the one everyone gets when faced with embarrassing pictures from their past) and then decided to actually read what was in front of me. It only took a couple seconds for me to have another "Oh My Gosh" moment. Only this time, it was more like "Oh my goodness...I had a blog?!" 

So, I decided to go back to my blog and remember what it was all about. It has been almost 3 years since I last posted. I can't even say I ever gave blogging an honest effort. I mean, what did I have, like, 6 posts? 

I started thinking about why I ever had a blog in the first place. Who is going to want to read my random ramblings? Honestly...not many people. Then I realized blogging is less for the people who may read my "random ramblings" and more for me. A way to get it all out. Somewhere to come back to when I need help remembering. 

To say a lot has happened over the last 3 years while I've been away would be an understatement. Let's just get a quick run-down:
  • I am about to start my senior year in college (WHAT? How can that possible be?)
  • I have had a full-time job
  • I lost friends, made new ones, reconnected with old ones
  • I met and started dating my best friend (cheesy, I know)
  • Last year I worked for the most incredible woman, who recently passed away (you can expect a post all about her)
The list could go on and on and on. So, I won't bore you with all the details. 

I'd like to say I'm going to give this whole blogging thing another shot and be better at it this time, but I don't know if that's a promise I will be able to keep. So...we'll just have to wait and see how it all works out :)


1 comment:

  1. Don't think that blogging is only for you. When miles separate us and life demands us, it may be the only thing connecting us at that moment and time. It allows us to be a part of your world ~ to enjoy your accomplishments, to pray for your trials, and roll our eyes at the everyday, I see myself doing that, antics! So, bring it on Little Lady! Bring it on!
    Love ya to the moon and back,
    Aunt Crickett

    ReplyDelete